Corporate and commercial advice
Maitland Walker advises clients on all aspects of law affecting businesses including: -
- Business start-ups – advice on business structure, marketing agreements, partnership agreements and regulatory compliance.
- Mergers and acquisitions – carrying out due diligence, negotiating acquisition/sale documents, advising on tax indemnities and warranties and dealing with regulatory issues.
- Intellectual property – advising on the registration of trade marks and patents and other means of protecting IP rights. Advising on the licensing of intellectual property rights and compliance with EU and UK competition law.
- Company Secretarial – advice on all aspects of compliance with the Companies Act and related matters. We also offer a "health-check" service to assess your level of compliance and to advise on any action required.
Business Contracts: -
- Marketing, sales and distribution – advising on marketing and logistics issues, distribution, agency, joint ventures and franchising agreements.
- Agreements with customers - terms of business, supply contracts and tendering.
- Agreements with suppliers - outsourcing, consultancy, software licences and support.
- Data Protection and Freedom of Information - we offer a "health-check" service to assess your level of compliance and advise on any action required.
- Financial services regulation.
Recent deals include:-
- Advising on the sale of an IT consultancy company, with multi jurisdictional issues;
- Acting for the purchaser of a software company in the leisure and retail sector; and
- Acting for the purchaser of a SIPP/SASS business from a life insurance, pension and asset management company.
Currently advising on:-
- Multi million pound sale of a training company.
For further information please contact Stephen Thomas or Julian Maitland-Walker.