Anna is a Senior Associate Solicitor in the Private Client department of our Taunton office. Anna is an experienced solicitor and specialises in both contentious and non-contentious private client work. Anna was a litigation solicitor for almost 15 years before turning her expertise to private client. She is a full member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP).
On the non-contentious side, Anna provides a wide range of services to her clients including wills, trusts, estate planning, powers of attorney and estate administration (probate). Anna is driven to help clients achieve their goals and has a particular interest in dealing with complicated estates and family arrangements. Anna has an eye for tax efficiency and enjoys helping clients to maximise their estate to meet both their own needs and the needs of their family and dependents.
Anna has a reputation for providing friendly, practical and pragmatic advice. Her litigation background makes her only too well aware of what can go wrong if things are not done correctly the first time. Anna takes the time to get to know all of her clients - recognising that everyone’s situation is unique and requires bespoke and tailored advice.
On the contentious side, Anna is in a unique position drawing upon both her private client and litigation expertise. Anna advises on a range of contentious probate matters including inheritance act claims, issues arising from the validity of wills and executor disputes. Anna approaches each matter on its own facts and offers clear, professional and pragmatic advice in order to resolve disputes as efficiently as possible.
Anna’s experience includes:
- wills (from simple to complex)
- estate planning for high net worth individuals including advice on lifetime trust and business and agricultural assets.
- variation of wills or intestacy for estate planning purposes or to resolve the unforeseen consequences of will gifts.
- declarations of trust over jointly owned property.
- lasting powers of attorney and capacity issues.
- estate administration (probate) including income-bearing estates, high value estates, estates with business assets or complex multiple legacy matters.
- bringing and defending inheritance act claims.
- advising on issues surrounding the validity and interpretation of wills
- actions against executors/ trustees for failing to administer an estate or for misconduct or misappropriation of funds – including applications to remove an executor and administration orders.
- claims based on constructive trust and /or proprietary estoppel.
What others say
“Dear Anna, I would like to take a minute to thank you and all involved in my case. It felt so good to be heard and understood at a difficult time”
“Mrs Neil had dealt with us previously advising us and drafting new wills – we were very impressed then and her professional and personal approach to the LPAs has continued to impress”Read more
Anna is married with two sons and lives in the countryside near Exmoor. When not working or watching her boys sport matches, she is a keen gardener and enjoys getting out and about on foot, bikebody board or kayak enjoying the local countryside and coast.