Hilary Coles is a property lawyer whose practice focuses on commercial and agricultural property.
She has a wide and varied client base for which she carries out both contentious and non-contentious work. These clients range from agricultural landowners and property investment companies to multi-national companies.Read more
Hilary has wide experience in property dispute resolution, particularly in relation to landlord and tenant disputes, and professional negligence claims relating to property. She also advises in connection with planning applications and planning appeals.
Recent instructions include:
- Acting in connection with the sale of eight acres of agricultural land to a regional house-builder
- Planning applications and appeals to remove conditions relating to opening hours
- Applications for the removal of 106 planning obligations, such as agricultural ties
- Claim against solicitors for professional negligence in respect of the purchase of multiple blocks of flats as investment properties
- Successfully defending a claim brought by landlord for dilapidations following termination of lease