James Ashby is an Associate Solicitor in our Private Client department at our Taunton office. James has over twenty years’ experience as a solicitor and has been practicing in Somerset for over ten years. He has dealt with a wide range of will, probate, trust and court of protection matters for a mix of clients, including farmers and small businesses.
His experience includes
- Drafting all types of wills, both simple and complex.
- Dealing with the administration of trusts
- Dealing with the administration of estates, including administering will trusts
- Drafting Lasting Powers of Attorney and general powers of attorney
- Making deputyship applications to the Court of Protection
- Drafting trust deeds in connection with the ownership of houses and flats
- Tax and estate planning advice
James is an affiliate member of the Society of Trust and Estates Practitioners (STEP) and is a full accredited member of Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE).
His years of experience have given him much practical knowledge in dealing with legal matters and he provides a clear and common-sense service.
What others say
"James was a pleasure to work with and got the job done fast and efficiently providing excellent recommendations"
“I have been extremely satisfied with the way you handled matters for me, and the advice given. I would not hesitate to recommend the firm to anybody. Your charges also were very reasonable”Read more
James enjoys hiking and camping, especially on Exmoor and lives with two active (one very active) golden retrievers.